Strategic Communications – Niagara University Athletics
Gallagher Center – Hall. 203
5795 Lewiston Road, University of Niagara, NY 14109
The Niagara Strategic Sports Communications Office serves as a liaison between the constituents of Niagara’s 18 university sports and local, national and international media.
The office strives to highlight the academic and athletic achievements of all Niagara student-athletes while developing the Niagara brand and serving as the primary public relations arm of Niagara Athletics.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: directing and executing all publicity aspects of Niagara’s intercollegiate athletic program, managing sport-specific social media platforms, providing facilitation and oversight of all media interviews; content creation; processing of accreditation requests; nominating student-athletes and coaches for a variety of awards, coordinating on-site game day operations; produce information and promotional publications; drafting and dissemination of press releases and compilation and dissemination of statistical information; update PurpleEagles.com with up-to-date information in a timely manner.
The department works collaboratively with all divisions of the Niagara Intercollegiate Athletics Program, particularly in the areas of marketing, fan experience, video services and ticket sales for
advance an integrated public relations platform that positively reflects the image of Niagara University.
The Sports Communications Office is staffed by professionals who strive to represent Niagara Athletics and the University by creating a positive, friendly, cooperative, service-oriented and professional environment for the many clients it serves on a daily basis.
All media requests for interviews with Niagara student-athletes, coaching staff and department administration must be made in advance through the Sport Communications Office. Members of the media are not permitted to contact student-athletes directly.
All photo requests should be directed to the communications contact for the sport you are interested in. The applicant should include the following information: the name and email address of the publisher or author requesting, the name of the organization or publication, deadline information, and a sentence regarding the scope of the article.
• Unless otherwise stated, photo credit must be given to Niagara Athletics
• Images are for editorial use only for the use indicated only.
• The image or images may not be used in connection with third parties or otherwise in any way that might suggest sponsorship, affiliation or any other relationship with any other organization. To the extent you wish to request permission to use images in this manner, you must first receive express written permission from Niagara Athletics.
• Do not sell or offer the images for sale, or grant others the right to use, sell or distribute the images.
• Do not modify the images in any way.
• Neither Niagara Athletics images nor logos may be used in a derogatory manner.
Strategic Communications Staff
Breanna Jacobs – Assistant Director/Public Relations
• MBB, WBB, WVB, BASE, MSOC, M/F GOLF, M/F XC, T&F
Shawn Gillen – Assistant Director/Digital Content
• WSOC, HKY, WLAX, SB, M/W TEN, M/W S&D
Kyle Barker – Broadcast and Multimedia Production Coordinator