Men’s basketball hosts VCU on Tuesday
Bronx, NY – The Fordham University Rams continue the 2021-22 Atlantic 10 season, Fordham’s 119th college season, by hosting the VCU Rams at historic Rose Hill Gym on Tuesday, February 15 at 7:00 p.m.
The game will air on ESPN+ with Andrew Bogusch (PxP) and Andrew Posadas (analyst) announcing and stream live on WFUV (90.7 FM) and wfuvsports.org with Nick DeLuca (PxP) and Ryan Gregware (analyst) behind the microphones.
Fordham enters the game with an overall record of 11-12, 4-7 in the Atlantic 10, following a 65-54 conference win at Duquesne on Saturday afternoon, while VCU enters the game with an overall record of 16-7, 9-3 in the conference, after an Atlantic 10 win at George Mason on Saturday.
Tuesday night’s contest will be the 12th meeting between Fordham and VCU on the hardwood.
• VCU leads the all-time series, 10-1, and has won the last four meetings.
• VCU won the most recent meeting, 64-46, at the Siegel Center on January 2, 2020, 76-51, as Mike’L Simms scored
• After missing most of the 2020-21 season, the graduate student striker Chuba Ohams wasted little time showing he was back, recording a double-double in 13 of his 21 games, including an 18-point, 14-rebound effort in Duquesne.
• Ohams leads the Atlantic 10 and is sixth in the NCAA in rebounds (11.2 rpg).
• Ohams has 634 career rebounds, good for 16th on the Rams’ career slates (he’s three behind Fred Herzog (1987-92) for 15th).
• Ohams also has 101 career blocks, good for tenth on the school’s all-time list (he’s three behind Sherwin Content (1990-94) for ninth place).
• Custody of graduate students Darius Quisenberrywho missed Duquesne’s game due to injury, is third among the A-10s in points, averaging 17.3 points per game.
• Quisenberry has scored in double figures in 20 of his 22 games this year.
• After three straight road games, this contest will be the first of three straight home games for the Rams.