Careers | fashion magazine
Over the past 14 years, the Aje Collective has carefully built a culture where our employees are supported, inspired and encouraged to do their best.
With our incredible team, our brand has an intrinsic sense of duality, balancing toughness with femininity, wild volume with structure and signature pieces alongside effortless essentials. These complementary differences are captured in Aje’s unique aesthetic and have helped make the brand one of Australia’s most influential fashion houses.
Aje Collective invites you to be part of this new era as we have an exciting opportunity for a textile, print and graphic designer to join our head office team. Based in the Sydney Head Office and reporting directly to the Managing Director of Design, this role will see you responsible for managing the print, embellishment, logo and graphic design/development of the Aje and Aje Atheltica collections from the initial stages up to production validation.
The successful candidate will cultivate the relationship between concept, art, product, customer, and retail experience to ensure we deliver beautiful, innovative, fashion-forward, sustainable, and technically advanced collections for Aje brands. and Aje Athletica.
- Design and develop a balanced and comprehensive range of Aje and Aje Athletica textile prints based on the seasonal collection and drawing inspiration from collection concepts provided by the Creative Director and Chief Design Officer
- Develop textile printing, embellishment, logos and graphics in accordance with the option plan and achieve target margins and profitability targets for each print and requirement
- Create all relevant technical packages for textile printing, embellishment, logo design and graphic design artwork to ensure accuracy is maintained throughout the development process through to production approval
- Manage the entire product development process of Aje Designs and Aje Athletic Textile with local and overseas suppliers against brand standards in design, quality, fit, durability, price structure and margins
- Drive the complete design and approval of all textile prints, including prior artwork review and approvals with the Chief Design Officer and all other stakeholders,
- Present cohesive design stories within the collection by paying attention to unique details, mediums, shapes, line and brushwork, manufacturing, color, trims and embellishments, proportions, colors and clear achievement of delivery schedule objectives and customer segmentation needs
- 5 years of experience specializing in textile design, embellishments, logo and graphic design in clothing and accessories
- Experience with multiple artistic mediums in textile and print design
- Excellent command of the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth understanding of creating specifications and technical packages
- The ability to predict trends and align them with the Aje brand identity and Aje Atheltica
- Strong technical knowledge of printing, fabric repeats, scaling and grading for efficient results on finished products.
- Exceptional understanding of printing types/techniques and embellishment types/techniques for a range of fabrications and end uses.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience working with offshore vendors and technical vendor management
- Ability to manage competing priorities and timelines and ensure priorities are met and managed based on importance, timing and critical path
- Impeccable follow-up, attention to detail and sense of organization
Apply via LinkedIn only, do not use the “apply now” form below.
To keep up to date with fashion jobs in Sydney, subscribe to Fashion Journal Career Updates here.