How to link the Pan card with the Aadhaar card
Pan Card and Aadhaar Card bonds are mandatory for the application of income tax returns. It is also imperative to open a bank account electronically and authenticate tax returns. If you need to make a bank transaction over Rs. 50,000, you need to link your PAN and Aadhar.
According to Section 139AA of the Income Tax Act, every person with a PAN as of July 1, 2017 is eligible to get Aadhaar and must link the PAN to Aadhaar. The taxpayer must always mention the Aadhaar number when filing an income tax return. If the PAN is not linked to Aadhaar by the due date, then the PAN will become inoperative.
The IT department adds that if you do not link your PAN to Aadhaar, it will become invalid under Section-139AA of the Income Tax Act. Once your Pan card becomes invalid, you won’t even be able to deposit RTI online. You will also not be able to use the Pan Card for financial transactions.
In the 2021 budget, the Union government added a new article 234H to the Income Tax Act. Under the new law, a person will have to pay a penalty if PAN and Aadhaar are not bound after the time limit expires. Thus, if a person does not meet the deadline, they will have to pay a penalty not exceeding Rs 1,000.
However, you can check the online status of your PAN Aadhaar link by visiting the Income Tax Electronic Filing website www. Incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
How to check if your PAN and Aadhaar card is linked?
1) Go to the official website of the Income Tax Service – www. Incometax.gov.in.
2) Under “Our Services”, there will be an “Aadhaar Link” option on the home page.
3) Click on the option ‘Link Aadhaar Know your Aadhaar PAN link status’.
4) A new page will open. Enter your PAN and Aadhaar card details in the box provided.
5) Once you have filled in the details, click on “View Aadhaar Link Status”.
6) The status of your Aadhaar-PAN will be displayed on the page. Example: Your PAN (PAN Aadhaar) is linked to the Aadhaar number (Aadhar number) if they are linked.
The deadline for linking the PAN to the Aadhaar card is June 30, 2021. But it has been extended until September 30. The measure was taken by the government following the second wave of coronavirus outbreaks in the country. This is why the Central Commission for Direct Taxes (CBDT) has relaxed several deadlines related to the declaration of income tax. If you haven’t already, here is a guide that will help you link PAN to the Aadhaar map.
Two ways to link your Pan and Aadhaar.
1. The Income Tax Service allows you to link Aadhaar to PAN for free through its official website. (Electronic filing portal https: // Incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in)
2. You can also pair PAN with Aadhaar by SMS or by visiting the nearest PAN service provider center.
How to link PAN with Aadhaar online?
You can link your PAN with Aadhaar by the following process:
- First, visit the Income Tax Electronic Filing Portal – https: // Incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Then register on it
- (Your PAN (permanent account number) will be your username)
- After that, log in by entering the user ID, password and date of birth.
- A pop-up window will appear, prompting you to link your PAN with Aadhaar.
- Otherwise, go to “Profile settings” in the menu bar and click on “Link Aadhaar”.
- Details such as name, date of birth and gender will already be mentioned according to the details of the PAN.
- Check the PAN details on the screen with those mentioned on your Aadhaar.
- If there is an inconsistency, you must correct it in either document.
- If the details match, enter your Aadhaar number and click the “link now” button.
- A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar has been successfully linked to your PAN
How to link Aadhaar card to PAN card by SMS?
- You can link your Aadhaar with PAN via SMS.
- You will need to send an SMS to 567678 or 56161
- In the text message, you must type “UIDAI PAN (12 digit Aadhaar number) space (10 digit PAN number)”
- Finally, press send.
How to link PAN board with Aadhaar offline board?
- The process of linking the PAN with the Aadhaar board can also be done offline.
- You will need to visit the PAN, NSDL or UTIITSL service provider center.
- Fill in the form “Annex I” and produce the supporting documents, ie a copy of the PAN card and the Aadhaar card.
- A person will be asked to pay prescribed fees.
- For any correction in the details of the PAN, the fee charged is Rs 110.
- To correct the details of Aadhaar, the prescribed fee is Rs 25.
But if you are filling out income tax returns, chances are your Pan card is already linked to your Aadhaar card.
Here are the things to remember:
1. If you are using online methods, an Aadhaar OTP will be generated in case your name does not match that of your PAN board. But your date of birth and your gender match. The OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number / linked to the Aadhaar number entered online. You will need to enter this OTP online to continue and complete the binding process.
2. So before you proceed to link your Pan board with Aadhaar, it is better to correct the mismatch between Pan and Aadhaar.
Read also: Jio launches a data lending facility; Here’s how to get a 1GB to 5GB data loan